Larry Allen

Blaze Advisor Failure loading project ADB file - InvalidClassException

Discussion created by Larry Allen on Apr 7, 2010
Latest reply on Apr 8, 2010 by Larry Allen

I have a Blaze Advisor Java project that is compiled sequential.  It is being deployed sequential using the .server and .adb files.  The project works correctly when tested within Blaze using the Test Objects etc...  When I attempt to test outside of Blaze using the deployment classes (client, runner, server) and the .server and .adb files, that the error is encountered.  The specific runtime exception message issued is as follows:

com.blazesoft.server.base.NdServiceException: Service 'Edits 5010 276 Rule Service Definition'. Server 'Edits 5010 276 Rule Service Definition' on host 'w2tzlp6m01'.
Failure loading project Edits_5010_276_Rule_Service_Definition_service_0.adb.
java.io.InvalidClassException: com.blazesoft.objects.java5.WjHESHR; local class incompatible: stream classdesc serialVersionUID = 6721837437425357056, local class serialVersionUID = 4808726459633983026

Both the Blaze Repository and the ADB were compiled using the same version of Java JDK 1.6.0_14.  This is the same version being used to execute the Java project/Blaze server/adb files.  I have Blaze 6.8.1 (5395),dated Nov 13, 2009 installed. 

The really odd thing is the same Repository can be transferred to another PC with Blaze 8.6 installed, be recompiled to create a new .server and .adb file and then it works correctly.  I can even copy the new .server and .adb files from the other PC back to my PC and it works correctly.  It is like the BUILD - precompile is not working correctly when the adb is generated.  It makes me wonder if there is a problem with Blaze Advisor version 6.8.1 (5395) ??

Is anyone aware of what else could cause this InvalidClassException?

Outcomes