I am using Blaze 6.7.1.I need to know
how to set Blank value i.e string default value in Value list provider. If I set space ,
it throws an error as "Invalid Value".
Can Any one guide me on that?
Without knowning the actual problem you are trying to solve, here are a couple of options:
1) Create a separate template for this ("value is empty"), where you compare to/initialize with the empty string.
2) If you're not creating a condition template, use "blank", or some other "default" string. You will have to test for this value, and initialize accordingly.
3) Create a custom provider.
You can't use space as a value because of the problems with the dropdown that it creates. Typical workaround is to use something like "_" to represent empty value. You can then replace it with space in your rules code using two ways:
1) Use com.blazesoft.template.engine.provider.NdAliasListProvider instead of standard list provider to have different display and stored values. Please see Building Formulas > Modifying the Behavior of Formula Builder > Modifying the Entities List > Creating Display Names for Entities in Blaze documentation for more info.
2) Put a conditional block into the SRL section of your template to replace _ with space:
Andrei, I just want to check with you that the solution suggested by you using conditional block, does it works in Blaze 184.108.40.206?
I was trying to implement similar design in BA6171 without error free. When i create an instance to the template, the builder is throwing an exception syaing 'illegal place holder'.
Please refer to the query posted with the subject 'Using Conditional Block in BA 6171'.
Retrieving data ...