AnsweredAssumed Answered

Migrating from 6.10 to 7.3 - classpath issues

Question asked by Christopher Matthews on Mar 1, 2017
Latest reply on Mar 8, 2017 by atdemmin@ruleservices.net

Hi.

I am attempting to migrate a 6.10 repository to 7.3 for the first time.

The specific issue is when I attempt to compile it, it complains all over the place that it can’t find classes; that they should be in the classpath:

The error is similar to:

An exception occurred while adding the 'MyClass' Java class to the Java class provider resource.

Class 'MyClass' could not be found. Please verify it is on the classpath.

The stack trace is similar to this:

com.blazesoft.engines.rules.java.NdJavaClassImportResourceException: An exception occurred while adding the 'MyClass' Java class to the Java class provider resource.

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: MyClass

at java.lang.Class.forNameImpl(Native Method)

at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:348)

at com.blazesoft.objects.java.java2.NdJava2ClassLoaderUtil.classForName(:40)

at com.blazesoft.objects.java2.WjHzRqQ.WjHDKXR(:519)

(complains about many different missing classes)

I tried:

1) Setting the specific jars in Project > Properties > Blaze Advisor > ‘Additional Classpath Entries’. 

2) ‘Window > Preferences > Blaze Advisor> ‘Add Library’ in Classpath Management.

3) Running eclipse.exe from a windows bat file – in that file, I explicitly set the CLASSPATH env variable to contain the jars I want before launching eclipse.

In every case, it continues to complain about classes it can’t find, even though the appropriate jars were added in the 3 places I describe above (maybe there is some other way to tell it where the classpath entries are).

In 6.10, we had a bat file that launched Blaze Advisor.  It explicitly set the classpath with our own jars before launching the application.  This seemed sufficient for Advisor 6.10.  So, I am perplexed about what you are meant to do in 7.3

Thanks in advance

Outcomes