Hi, Is there any way to run codes with excel in windows 10?
For the sake of completeness:
The MS Excel problem with the mmsheet.excel driver might be caused by one of your Excel COM Add-Ins. You can find out whether one of the COM Add-Ins causes the problem by deactivating all of them:
Excel > File > Options > Add-Ins > Manage: "COM Add-ins" > Go > Remove all check marks > OK.
Could you provide some more information on what exactly you are trying to do:
- are you reading or writing?
- which I/O driver are you using? (Try switching to an alternative driver: mmsheet.excel or mmsheet.xls/xlsx respectively)
- which version of Xpress are you using?
- what happens when running the model from the command line?
- does your spreadsheet contain macros?
Which Excel-Version are you using [File > Account > About Excel, e.g. Microsoft Excel 2013 (15.0.4859.1000)] and which file-type (xlsx, xlsm, xls)?
If you use the file type xls (Excel 97-2003 Workbook), you could try using one of the new file formats xlsx or xlsm.
Thanks, seems I was using the wrong driver. Details:
- I'm trying both, read and write, with the same results.
- I'm using mmodbc.excel. I got the same error with mmsheet.excel, but it work fine with mmsheet.xlsx (or xls)
- I tried it in 7.6 (64 bits), and in a student version recently downloaded with the same results.
- I didn't tried it. (sorry )
- No macros, just data and plots.
Thanks for response!, at the end was a trouble with the drivers, it only worked with mmsheet.xlsm for me.
Anyway, I tried it in Office 365 ProPlus "16.0.6965.2092". All file types got the same error, but with these driver (mmsheet.xlms) work fine with all file types.
Again, thanks for response! (:
A few notes regarding the spreadsheet drivers:
* mmodbc.excel is deprecated (it is no longer distributed with recent Xpress releases), please use mmsheet.excel in its place
* the mmsheet.xls/xlsx drivers do not depend on Excel, they can even be used on certain non-Windows platforms (Linux, Mac)
Retrieving data ...