Tom Sheckells

IDE install issue

Discussion created by Tom Sheckells on Sep 8, 2009
Latest reply on Sep 11, 2009 by Alvin Cabansag

Hi,

My client keeps all of their servers in a remote state.  All repositories must be kept on those servers.  This means that using the IDE is veeeeery slow.  We are using a versioned files based repository with a local private workspace.  Blaze is very "chatty" across the network and so responds slowly to many operations.

Our solution has been to work with remote desktop on a remote server.  The problem with this has been that with four different people working from the same installation of Blaze we have had to create 4 different connection entries, one with each person's name.  Since all of the connection information is kept under the Blaze install directory (E:\Blaze\Advisor67\lib\Admin Repository), everyones connections show up under everyone else's connection list.  So, my question is, with so many environment variables set by the setenv command, which one can I use to point to a different "Admin Repository".  None of the names jump out at me as doing this.  Here is the list of them I found from a "set" command:

ADVISOR_COMMON_HOME=E:\Blaze\Advisor67
ADVISOR_ENGINE_HOME=E:\Blaze\Advisor67
ADVISOR_EXAMPLES_HOME=E:\Blaze\Advisor67
ADVISOR_EXTENSIONS_HOME=E:\Blaze\Advisor67
ADVISOR_HOME=E:\Blaze\Advisor67
ADVISOR_INSTALL_HOME=E:\Blaze\Advisor67
ADVISOR_IRT_HOME=E:\Blaze\Advisor67
ADVISOR_LICENSE=E:\Blaze\license
ADVISOR_QA_HOME=E:\Blaze\Advisor67\..\qa
ADVISOR_SERVER_HOME=E:\Blaze\Advisor67
ADVISOR_SMARTFORM_HOME=E:\Blaze\Advisor67
ADVISOR_TUTORIALS_HOME=E:\Blaze\Advisor67