Eric Harding

How do you add WebSphere 6.1 classloaders before building ear file?

Discussion created by Eric Harding on Jan 21, 2009
Latest reply on Jan 27, 2009 by Eric Harding
I am using Blaze Advisor 6.6 deployment wizards to generate deployment files and deploy to WebSphere Application Server (WAS) 6.1. I have a Shared Library Reference defined in WAS that has a classpath, which includes all the jar files needed in my deployment (BA jars, custom Java code, etc...). How/Where do I configure my deployment to use the library reference in WAS instead of including the jars in the ear file? Is this defined in the AppBnd.xmi or AppExt.xmi before executing the Build.bat? Is there something that needs to be added to the build.xml? I want to use a shared library reference so that all ear files (Rule Services) that I deploy don't have to be packaged with the same jar files. This seems like a waste of space. I also have an Oracle datasource defined in WAS that I will be using. The java code was written and imported into my repository to handle all the database interaction, but I am not sure where to add this reference. I am guessing it is going to be in the same place as the library reference. I have inherited BA5.5 deployments that were created by FI using WSAD and deployed to WAS. This is what I am trying to reverse engineer and figure how to do in BA6.6 deployment wizards. Any assistance would be much appreciated! Thanks everyone!

Outcomes