FICO Community Blogs

Announcement 1 The FICO Community will be unavailable Thursday, June 21 starting @ 12pm PT
Announcement:The FICO Community will be unavailable Thursday, June 21 starting @ 12pm PT
timoberthold@fico.com
Co-author: pietrobelotti@fico.com   Terrific beaches in Valencia, Spain? Excellent wine and great food in Bordeaux, France? Or a soothing road-trip to Greenville, South Carolina? All of that combined with the latest and greatest research results in Mathematical Optimization?   That's right, three of the most important scientific conferences in… (Show more)
in FICO Community Articles
timoberthold@fico.com
Linear Programming (LP) and Mixed-Integer Programming (MIP) have been standard Optimization business tools for several decades now. While some major players in the field are always seeking new applications, FICO has a solid understanding of what LP and MIP are good at. Therefore, we are focused on how to use these tools to reap the most benefits.… (Show more)
cliveharris
The means by which we make decisions have fascinated researchers for generations. The Greek historian Herodotus was excited to discover, nearly 2500 years ago, of how the ancient Persians used to debate every decision twice – once when drunk, and once when sober – and if the two debates agreed, then the decision was passed. While no doubt fun for… (Show more)
thomastravis@fico.com
I frequently field questions about using business rules for mortgage pricing and approvals, so I’d like to share my top three best practices in this area.   1. How to Include Audit Log Messaging in a Decision Table You want to deliver a value in response to hitting a cell in a decision table, but you also want to return all the information in… (Show more)
Andrew Flint
We all know that scorecards can be excellent predictive models, lauded for their combination of simplicity, transparency, and accuracy. And we also love machine learning algorithms for their highly automated and remarkably thorough search for signal. So if you’re already building random forests, gradient boosted trees or neural networks in your… (Show more)
brucewatson
In this blog, I'll dive into Xpress Insight’s mirror database in relation to Tableau, providing insights into how best to configure it. This topic was first introduced in my previous blog, Visualizing your data in Xpress Insight.   Within an Insight application the input and result data can vary from kilobytes up to a gigabyte. To reduce the data… (Show more)
rohitvalia
Cloud computing, grown out of the success of software-as-a-service, has come a long way from a largely developer-focused environment to a full-service IT infrastructure offering. By fulfilling the expected requirements around availability, scalability, security and agility, cloud computing has become a de-facto part of virtually every IT… (Show more)
jilldeckert@fico.com
This blog series features the opinions and experiences of five experts working in various roles in global strategy design. They were invited to discuss the best practices outlined in this white paper, and also to add their own. With combined experience of over 70 years, they partner with various businesses and help them to use data, tools and… (Show more)
brucewatson
The data used and generated by Xpress Insight apps can vary from a few kilobytes to several gigabytes. Given all this information, it is key to be able to make sense of this data and analyze and display it in a way that others can understand. This can be done by visualizing the data and allowing the user to interact with the visualization; the… (Show more)
jarikoister
If you haven’t already heard, FICO is collaborating with Google, Berkeley, Oxford, Imperial, MIT and UC Irvine to host an Explainable Machine Learning (xML) Challenge.   xML Challenge - YouTube     FICO has been at the forefront of driving innovation surrounding explainable AI for the last twenty-five years. To continue with this, we are… (Show more)
timoberthold@fico.com
A couple of weeks ago, I went to Dagstuhl castle to attend a seminar on "Designing and Implementing Algorithms for Mixed-Integer Nonlinear Optimization."  It was an inspiring conference, as it provided the opportunity to meet some of the world's leading researchers in Mixed-Integer Nonlinear Programming (MINLP) and have discussions. For my… (Show more)
jimpatterson
This blog series features the opinions and experiences of five experts working in various roles in global strategy design. They were invited to discuss the best practices outlined in this white paper, and also to add their own. With combined experience of over 70 years, they partner with various businesses, helping them to use data, tools and… (Show more)
alan.pass
Alliant, one of the largest credit unions in the US has been serving members for over 80 years, growing to over 335,000 members and 9.3 billion in assets. In our new press release, John Listak, lending systems project Manager at Alliant, shares how the company built a new consumer loan origination system using FICO® Origination Manager. They were… (Show more)
Load more items