FICO Community Blogs

jimpatterson
Abstract After observing a steady upward trend in the US credit card delinquency rate in a time of historic lows for credit card delinquency, I set out to investigate the account default rates by analyzing the performance in lower bands of FICO Score and behavior score with current accounts. The results point to an opportunity for lenders to… (Show more)
in FICO Community Articles
timoberthold@fico.com
My dishwasher tabs at home are promoted as a "three-phase system." They feature components to carry out three different tasks of cleaning dishes: softening the water (essential for the next two phases), dissolving grease (the main bit I, as a user, am interested in) and finally, some rinse aid (for a nice finish). While solving optimization… (Show more)
angelacarducci
Abstract: Learn about FICO's latest innovations in prescriptive analytic software and solutions at our webinar on 2/14 at 11am PT / 2pm ET. REGISTER NOW!   According to Gartner, the prescriptive analytics software market will reach $1.57 billion by 2021. Despite this tremendous growth, most analytics programs fail to deliver business results. In… (Show more)
toddrollin@fico.com
In his blog aptly titled “Analytic Predictions 2018: 31 Flavors of AI,” FICO Chief Analytics Officer Scott Zoldi made the bold pronouncement that, among other things, 2018 will be the year that “AI will have to explain itself.” Indeed, as regulations such as the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) attempt to direct banks to explain… (Show more)
scottzoldi@fico.com
Have you ever wanted to make immediate use of unstructured data while bypassing the hassle of tagging it all? This can be done through collaborative behavioral profiling. Collaborative behavioral profiles are created by applying a text analytics approach to real-time, adaptive, unsupervised learning. These collaborative behavioral profiles can be… (Show more)
ryan.burton@capitalsvcs.com
By Ryan Burton and Matt Nissen of Capital Services, and Jill Deckert of FICO   What is net lift modeling? It’s a predictive modeling technique that tells you the incremental impact of a treatment on an individual's behavior. You might have heard of this in a marketing context, used to identify who would be most likely to respond positively to an… (Show more)
angelacarducci
FICO is a cloud first company. We’ve invested significantly in FICO Decision Modeler, a product that brings the FICO Blaze Advisor Decision Rules Management System to the cloud. We’ve added capabilities to the product that eliminate the need to use the Blaze Adviser Integrated Development Environment (IDE). This makes Decision Modeler quicker &… (Show more)
michellebrodale@fico.com
As covered in this blog series, my colleague Lamar set to help managers make informed decisions about employee compensation and promotions. Beginning with a Kaggle dataset of employee data, she created an Employee Attrition Score, decision tree and analytic model-powered strategy.   Of course, running the analysis is one thing – it is what you do… (Show more)
lshahbazian@fico.com
If you’ve been following my blog series beginning with Analytics for Employee Retention followed by Creating a Score for Employee Attrition, then you know my analysis so far has been all about the data. I made sure the data was clean and representative, and then binned the data to investigate how each variable relates to my target of attrition.… (Show more)
scottzoldi@fico.com
The Big Data promise continues to be just that, a promise. This is not because the technologies are flawed, but because effort is not focused in the right place.   8 in 10 organizations confessed to Gartner they are not able to exploit Big Data for competitive advantage. Following the Gartner Hype Cycle, Big Data travelled through the Technology… (Show more)
timoberthold@fico.com
Is the simplex algorithm the most important algorithm for solving linear programs (LPs)? If you pose this question to a mathematical optimization expert, you will most likely get a "Yes, but..." as a reply. It is common folklore in the field that simplex is the most viable choice for solving sequences of similar LPs, like a mixed integer… (Show more)
suehubbard
How can you use analytics to sell more sandwiches? I'll walk you through this use case where an independent convenience store owner recently decided to expand her lunch business by adding a deli counter, which provides customers with made-to-order sandwiches.   She wanted to analyze what customers were buying so she could improve her offerings.… (Show more)
robin.d
Business Rules Management System (BRMS): One system merging expertise and simple management.   Expert systems have been around for some time now and they are used widely. Each implementation is tailored to a special purpose, and these implementations require attention from experts in order to function properly, as they are very rigid and hard to… (Show more)
Load more items