You can create a custom stream to follow multiple places, people, content, etc. so you can stay informed about the content you want and easily manage the frequency of your notifications.
1. On the Homepage, click the plus sign to the right of News to create a new custom news stream.
2. It will be called "New Stream" by default, you can change the name in the top left. I changed mine to be called "Example"
3. Click on the pencil icon to edit your stream.
4. Start searching for things you want to follow (can be people, places, documents, tags, etc.)
5. Click Add to add it to your stream.
Make sure Email is selected so you will receive email notifications
6. The categories you add to your stream will populate in the left hand column
7. Click Done when finished, this will save your changes.
8. Now that you have a custom stream, you can define how often you want to get info about your custom stream. That is managed under your Preferences.
9. Scroll down to News & Stream Notifications, check email, and select how often you want to receive notifications.
- Selecting All Activity notifies you every time there is a new post in anything you are following
10. Now, you can Follow in your custom stream from anywhere. Click Following on your page of choice, then select your custom stream.
Moving forward, you can change what shows up in your stream by going to News > Your Stream > pencil icon to edit.