FICO® Xpress Workbench is an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for developing optimization models, services and complete solutions in a web environment.
Note: FICO Xpress Workbench was formerly known as FICO Optimization Designer
It is based on ACE, a high-performance web-based code editor, which provides syntax highlighting, code completion and folding, and contextual help for Mosel, VDL, XML and R.
It provides direct support for the authoring, editing, executing and debugging of Xpress Mosel models and FICO Xpress Solutions, using a highly collaborative approach with support for sharing, collaborative editing and chat capabilities. There is integration with Tableau® for FICO, facilitating the drag and drop creation of visualizations and dashboards, and an Xpress Tuner GUI for analyzing and tuning optimization performance.
Solve Your Most Difficult Business Problems
As part of FICO® Xpress Optimization, FICO® Xpress Workbench solves the toughest and most complex problems across all industries by enabling businesses to efficiently create optimization models, services and complete solutions.
Build Powerful Optimization Models
FICO® Xpress Workbench provides the most flexible optimization modeling and configuration language Xpress Mosel, industry-leading model and framework development environments and interacts with all Xpress Solvers.
Easy-To-Learn and Apply Across Industry Use Cases
FICO® Xpress Workbench allows users to interact with the broadest set of solvers, use their preferred languages and formats (Xpress Mosel, Xpress BCL, R, Python, Java, XML, etc.) and supports rapid application development.
- FICO® Xpress Workbench uses Xpress Mosel, a fully flexible and easy-to-learn, robust way to interact with solver engines.
- Uses industry-leading FICO® Xpress Solvers.
- Contains drivers for access to text, CSV, Excel files, Hadoop’s HDFS and OBDC Oracle databases.
- API to connect it to Java, C/C++, .NET, VB and other languages as well as web services.
- Xpress BCL provides an additional modeling layer with an object oriented API for building, solving and analyzing problems.
- Xpress Python interface allows for creating and solving problems using Python and the FICO Xpress-Solver library.
- Xpress MATLAB interface makes Xpress optimization algorithms available directly within the MATLAB environment.
- Includes Xpress Tuner GUI for analyzing and tuning optimization performance.
- Parallel and distributed modeling features leverage multiple cores and computers across the network.
- Multiple problems are allowed within one model file for easier implementation of more advanced solution algorithms.
- Supports rapid application development.
- Integrated with Tableau® for FICO, facilitating the drag and drop creation of visualizations and dashboards.