Following growth in FICO optimization capabilities, user groups and product names over the last few years, it was decided to undertake a review to reassess the product positioning & naming.
The aim was to better reflect the requirements of our key user groups, clarify new and growing capability areas, and simplify communication.
The key changes to take effect in August 2017 are as follows:
- Move from multiple Optimization product names to one lead product name: FICO Xpress Optimization
- Move to using 2 main Optimization product categories:
- Technology - Used by Operations Researchers, Data Scientists and Solutions Developers, to develop Optimization Models, Services & Solutions
- Solutions - Used by Business Users & Business Analysts to Visualize, Collaborate & Decide
- Many existing "products" become core "technology" components
- Define the different types of "solutions" that are available from FICO
The graphic below provides an overview of the new product naming & positioning:
New FICO Xpress Solution types
FICO Xpress Optimization based software solutions have become an ever increasing part of the FICO Optimization product line. This builds on the 20 year pedigree that FICO has in using optimization solutions to help business users and analysts make better business decisions. It also results from the range of rapid solution development capabilities that have been added to the product over the last few years.
Consequently, it became important to define the main types of FICO Xpress Solution and how they differ from each other. This is to help users better understand how their Solution has been built and what elements are available for them to manage, configure, or enhance themselves.
The graphic below looks to define the core FICO Xpress Solution types: