FICO Xpress Optimization based software Solutions have become an increasing part of the FICO Optimization product line.
This builds on the 20+ year pedigree FICO has in using optimization to help business users and analysts make better decisions. It's also the result of the range of rapid solution development capabilities that we now support. Because of the breadth of different Solutions we now support, we have defined the main types of FICO Xpress Solution and how they differ from each other. This is to help users better understand how their Solution has been built and what elements are available for them to manage, configure, or enhance themselves.
- Where FICO is developing a solution for a specific business problem (maybe for the first time), or where the requirements are so unique that it makes sense to build a brand new solution from scratch
- Solutions are built on completely custom mathematical model developments, built to meet specific a business problem or needs
- Where FICO has undertaken a number of successful projects for a known business problem, resulting in a best practice model template having been defined that supports the majority of the mathematical model, UI and reporting requirements
- A Template defines a best practice starting point for the Solution development on a known business problem
- Where FICO has developed many successful Solutions for a particular type of business problem and has been able to develop a standard best practice framework software solution
- FICO Decision Optimizer is an example. It uses a configurable optimization framework focused on optimizing the assignment of discrete decisions to different accounts/customers/entities. It allows the user to configure solutions for multiple business problems that fit this framework e.g. Credit Line Increase, Marketing Offers, Transaction Authorization etc.