Here is a bundle of 5 notebooks that together represent a reasonable introduction to using notebooks in Analytics Workbench.
After you download and unzip the file, use the Import button to upload them into Analytics Workbench. For more help installing sample notebooks, please read How to Use Sample Notebooks from the Community.
As of this version, the zip contains:
- Tutorial #1: Your First Notebook — a very simple introduction to the use and layout of notebooks
- Tutorial #2: Basic Data Access — demonstrates how to access data already loaded in AW using Python, R, SQL and Scala
- Tutorial #3: SQL Queries and Visualization — a Scala and SQL notebook that first retrieves a file from S3, and then makes it available for a series of interactive SQL queries and visualization
- Tutorial #4: Construct Flight Delays Dataset — a Python and SQL notebook that retrieves (and samples) Flight Delay data from an AWS S3 bucket, stores into AW as a dataset, and queries the results
- Tutorial #5: Machine Learning on HELOC Data — a fairly thorough example of machine learning techniques on the credit risk modeling dataset called HELOC, almost entirely in Python
I'll update this post later to discuss the datasets needed to run some of these examples.
As always, if you have samples of your own that you'd like to share, by all means, share them!