Setting up your profile is the first step to becoming active in your community. Your user profile provides other community members with an easy way to learn about your experience, skills, and interests. Your profile shows up in search results when other community members search for keywords contained in your profile. You can update your information at any time.
To set up your profile:
- Click your avatar in the upper right corner
- Choose the Edit Profile under Personal
- Click on the Profile Details tab and fill in as much profile information as you like. All required fields (marked) will need to be filled in before you can save the profile. Click Finished
*Note that your profile will be found when people search, so if you have professional roles or interests that would be useful for others to know, be sure to include them. Your community manager may set up certain fields for you, such as your username, and you may not be able to edit them. If you would like to change your username, please contact the Jive Community Manager - email@example.com - and provide three options in case one of them is already taken.
- Click Privacy to edit your privacy settings. These control how different types of users see your profile. For more information on privacy settings, see Securing Your Profile below.
- Click the Avatar & Photos tab to change your photo and avatar. Your photo is a great way for people to “meet” and recognize you in person. Your avatar lets community members quickly associate your comments and status updates with a simple visual cue.
Securing your Profile
If you’re concerned about privacy, you can limit who sees different parts of your profile by editing your privacy settings.
- To edit your profile, click your avatar in the upper right corner and then Edit Profile.
- Select the Privacy tab.
- For each profile field, select the type of user who can view it. If you select Everyone, then all users can see the contents of that field. Make sure you don’t hide too much about yourself because that’s how others will connect with you.
- Note: You can take a look at how others will see your profile by using the Preview your profile tool to the right. Just select the person whose view you want to see.
- Click Finished