- Choose a content type based on your collaborative goals.
- Most collaborative activity occurs in discussions, questions, and documents. Blog posts are typically used for viewpoint essays and other long-form communications that don't invite collaboration. For a more detailed analysis of the differences between these types of content, see What's the difference between a document, a blog post, a question, and a discussion?
Private and Public Content
- By default, content you create is public in the community and searchable. The power of Jive is that everyone in the community can benefit from shared content. However, in some cases, you may want to limit who sees content and who can collaborate on it with you. For more information about private discussions, see Getting more out of discussions and questions. Or, you can choose to publish your content in a private social group that limits content to approved members.
- For more information, you might want to read the help topics starting with Public and Private Communication.
Monitoring Your Content
- You'll automatically follow all content that you create, so you'll receive an update in your Inbox