Q. What is a Sample Configuration for Blaze Advisor?
A. Hardware requirements
- Intel Pentium-compatible 400MHz CPU or faster
- 512 MB of RAM
- 150 MB of available disk space
- Color monitor capable of 1280x1024 resolution
Operating system requirements
- Microsoft Windows NT, 2000 or 2003
- Microsoft Windows XP
- Solaris 9 and 10 on both Sparc and x86
- Sun JDK / JRE - 1.3 or higher
- Microsoft SDK 4.0 or higher
- IBM JDK 1.1.8 or higher
Since a Blaze Advisor Rule Server runs in the context of another container, such as a JVM or application server, and not as a separate server, it shares the configuration requirements of the container that hosts it. In most cases (except those noted in this document, for example), using the container requirements for hardware and software will produce effective engineering. Additional requirements might result from developing large numbers of rules in complex formats, calling third party capabilites, and processing large numbers of transactions. These metrics are not available from CVS/Caremark at the time of this writing, and will become clearer in the project design phase.