The FICO Xpress Optimization Community License has now been updated to the latest release v8.4.2.
Please use the link on the FICO Xpress Community welcome page or go directly to FICO® Xpress Community License to download this new version.
This updated version includes a wide range of enhancements and defect fixes in the following modules:
- Xpress Workbench - including Xpress Mosel language
- Several usability and performance enhancements. In particular this version fixes a problem some users had experienced with long delays when saving files, running Mosel models, and publishing to Xpress Insight
- Expansion of the use of Mosel, FICO's market-leading modeling, programming language and orchestration language - Mosel is now open to non-FICO solvers.
Xpress Solver - including Xpress Optimizer & Xpress Non-Linear
- This version includes significant performance enhancements. With these algorithmic enhancements, FICO runs 35% faster in linear programming benchmarks and up to 25% faster in mixed integer programming benchmarks than before. With this release, FICO has regained its leadership position in continuous benchmarks. This represents a significant improvement in in mixed integer programming benchmarks.
Installing FICO ® Xpress Optimization for use with the Community License
- Obtain the Xpress software installer - the file xpX.Y _win_x86_64_setup.exe, where X and Y are version numbers - from the download page FICO® Xpress Community License
- Before installing the new version, please make sure you uninstall any old version of FICO Xpress Optimization (e.g. a previous Student or Community License Version) and delete the old installation folder (e.g. C:\xpressmp). Otherwise, there may be a conflict
- Run the Setup file to install the new version.