This technology component supports all of the Xpress Solver technologies, including:
- Xpress-Optimizer: core engine comprises of LP (simplex and barrier), MIP, (MI)QP, (MI)QCQP, and (MI)SOCP solvers. It also provides core services, like the tuner, to other components.
- Xpress-Nonlinear: provides a successive linear programming and an interior point solver for nonlinear problems, integrating closely with the Optimizer’s MIP framework.
- Xpress-Kalis: provides constraint based programming capabilities. Combined with the optimizer can make use of MIP relaxations of the CP problem.
This Xpress Solver v8.2 release provides:
- New features and performance enhancements including a 30% performance improvement when dealing with mixed integer problems.
- Further parallelization enhancements, further supporting the best scaling solver in the industry.
- Xpress 8.2 is now embedded in all optimization products.