New Functionality and Changes Introduced with Decision Optimizer v7.1 includes:
Decision Tree Support
Data Informed Strategy Design in Trees
Significant improvements have been made to Decision Optimizer's tree processing:
- The decision tree editor can profile input data, offering visual feedback on the number and percentage of records processed at each split.
- Additional Profile and Leaf views of a tree allow you to profile the accounts in each tree split and end node.
- Treatment color identifiers have been added, supporting easier visualization of treatment allocation, both at end nodes and proportionately across splits.
- Data informed strategy design is available via the tree editor in project attachments, components and decision tree simulation and tree-aware optimization scenario attachments.
- Multiple tree templates are now supported.
- Tree templates can be created based on existing FSML trees.
- For tree-aware optimizations based on tree templates, you can now specify:
- The minimum number of accounts at a leaf node of the final output tree.
- The maximum number of leaf nodes in the final output tree.
- The maximum number of decision keys to use.
Decision Tree Management
- The decision keys of simulation trees can be mapped to account attributes - useful when the variable names of an imported tree do not match those in the input data.
- The decision tree editor now supports the direct creation of FSML trees.
User Interface Improvements
- The Verify, Apply Mapping and Apply Data Roles actions have been coalesced into a single action called Build Project - this is invoked via a button in the bottom center of the browser page. This action can be applied at any point to ensure projects are up to date, error-free and synchronized. This feature also allows easier access to error messages and notifications on a project's status.
- A new range of behaviors is available for the tables that appear in Decision Optimizer views - cut, copy, paste, undo, plus a variety of selection operations.
- Account attributes can now be explicitly included for subsequent processing.
- Three new standard reports are available:
- Treatment mix reports
- Treatment swap set reports
- Treatment validation reports
- Optimization scenarios run times have been improved by between 25% and 40% when compared to Decision Optimizer version 7.0.
- Project build/rebuild times, when adding to or amending the DIM have been significantly reduced, as has the number of steps necessary to perform these tasks.
Miscellaneous new features
- The Decision Optimizer equation language now supports temporary variables.
- Global constraint limits now apply at the scenario level, not the project level.